I’m selling my van and it makes sense to put details all in one place and just send interested people a link to this post. If you have any questions please drop me a message. More details and pics will come as soon as I have time.
Ford Transit Custom 290 LTD E-Tech
2.2 litre diesel. 125ps. Low roof, short wheelbase (L1H1).
100,000 miles just turned. Second owner from new, bought at 49,000 miles.
MOT Oct 2022. Service history and receipts since purchase.
Drives perfectly and hand on heart can say there are no issues with her mechanically that I am aware of. I probably spend about £1k a year on filter and oil changes. The van has been an essential tool for me and so I have treated it as such. I’m moving on her on so that can get something a little newer, and possibly with an electric drive system, to do a full camper conversion on. I’m in no rush to sell, so do ask for more pics or details if you need them.
Limited spec includes loads of great features:
- Heated windscreen (worth every penny on its own IMO)
- Heated seats
- Parking sensors
- Electric folding mirrors
- DAB radio + Bluetooth handsfree
- Auto call emergency services if detects a crash and phone connected
- 12v plugs and USB sockets
- 3.5mm jack for iPods etc…
- Steering wheel audio controls
- Voice controlled handsfree and radio (can give Siri instructions via steering wheel button)
- Auto wipers
- Front fogs
- Long load bay with hatch under passenger seat (doubles as storage)
- Floor liner in rear
- Tyre changing kit and towing eye
My upgrades include:
- Rear roof lining insulation and boarding with wipe clean shower panels in a cool black and silver flecked pattern (removable).
- Walls insulated behind OEM wood panels. Panels painted and varnished.
- Custom coat hanging storage space with heater rail (can be included by negotiation).
- Rear lighting powered from leisure battery
- Single bed/seat unit with memory foam mattress. Pulls out to make a sleeping area for 2 people. Mattresses included.
- Custom units with integrated cooking shelf, storage, leisure battery and 12v & 240v charging panel. Battery and inverter can be included by negotiation.
- On roof solar panel trickle charger (can be included by negotiation).
- Roof bars (3x Thule) and body coloured awning (Fiamma F45S) (both can be included by negotiation). The awning has a corroded end cap but I have a replacement new one which will be included in the sale.
- Matts in front to protect floor and make cleaning easy.
- Seat covers included. Upholstery underneath is new looking.
- Road legal but high spec headlamp bulbs
- LED sidelights front and back so you can leave them on when parked up without draining the battery (I got last van written off while it was parked on a straight road so call me paranoid!)
- Green vinyl on body is business branding, but I can leave or remove any of it before sale.
I’ve compared several other vans of the same age and similar mileage. With the customisations and mechanical condition, I’m looking for £12,250 or nearest offer for the van itself. The roof bars, awning, heater, battery, solar panel and inverter can be sold with it, but as I intend to use them on the next van I will be looking to charge a bit less than replacement cost for them if you would like to keep it all. Add £750 to negotiated price if you want all of those items with the van. All other contents will obviously be removed for the sale.
MOT Oct 2022
New power steering pipes and parking sensors Oct 21
Oil change, flush, filters and new disks and pads on front Sept 21
New rear disks and pads Oct 20
Oil and filters done on average once every 10,000 miles
Good quality spare tyre.
2 brand new Michelin M+S tyres fitted to front Feb 2022. Rear tyres about 5000 miles left of tread.
Usual scratches from hedges on a van of this age. Worst ones shown in photos. Not as bad in real life thankfully.
35mpg average real world driving is a bit less than Ford website give. Still good for a van doing country lanes.
I’ve not added any dents, but I bought the van with a few already on. They are shown in the pics with an iPhone for scale. Hard to show properly in photos so viewing recommended, but none of them a severe and unless the van is freshly polished they are not very obvious.
The chip in the windscreen appeared a couple of months back. The heater elements work fine and the chip has not spread. It passed an MOT and most Fully Comp insurance policies will do a new screen for a max of £75.
Please feel free to request more photos. Van was washed, swept and mopped immediately prior to having pics taken.